Let’s get to know each other a little better, shall we? I’m not sure you are ready for the quirkiness that will be revealed in this post, but I will give it a go anyway So here are 5 fun facts that most people don’t know about me.
1. I listen to house music to clean my house. It’s only fitting, right? It’s very upbeat and keeps me going when I just want to just sit on the couch and surf the web. Now that I think about it, it seems every activity in my life has a soundtrack.
2. I love to eat spaghetti BUT I can only eat it with sugar. Yes it’s strange I know. You can stop making faces now. It’s actually really good though. My husband and friends usually look at me like I’m from Mars whenever I sprinkle sugar on my pasta. I started doing it when I had acid reflux really bad to cut down the acid and I have been hooked ever since.
3. I am kind of a germophobe. I have a thing about dirty bathrooms and dirty surfaces. They just make me shiver. I think my microbiology class really screwed me up. My professor had us swab random things that we used daily. I will not even tell you how many different types of bacteria grew on things I swabbed like elevator buttons, bathroom stall handles, garbage disposal, etc. Let’s just say that the travel size Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer are my best friend. They literally go everywhere with me.
4. I love to rollerblade. It’s such great exercise. Unfortunately I have not mastered the art of stopping….I’m sure you can figure out what the outcome of that is. I have fallen so many times that I have figured out how to fall without getting hurt. I wear so much protective gear that I could give the Michelin man a run for his money.
5. When I die, I don’t want my family to have a traditional funeral. I want them to have a wake (or viewing of the body) for everyone to pay their last respects. Then my husband and immediate family can bury me privately. After the burial, I want all of my friends and family to have an all white party to celebrate my life. I want it to be decked out with white balloons, white flowers, and pictures of me. I want them to celebrate the fact that I will have made it to heaven instead of focusing on the fact that I passed away. Isn’t it strange how I have this all planned out like I will be in attendance?! I guess I will be in spirit.
And there you have it folks. Five fun yet crazy facts about me. Hopefully you don’t think I am an alien now. If so, it’s ok. I embrace my quirkiness. It’s what makes me, well ME. Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday. Feel free to share a fun fact about yourself in the comment section below. We’re all friends here.
Until next post, Brittany