Have you ever just broken out into a dance or have you been caught bobbing your head to a song that was on repeat in your head? Did you get blank stares from strangers who were confused to what was happening or maybe wondering if you needed to seek a psychiatrist? Well you my friend are a music lover. I love all kind of music. It can incite feelings of happiness, give you a boost of energy when you are tired, lift your spirits if you are sad and much more. I think my brain has now become a jukebox filled with songs that I can access on a dime. I can’t seem to turn it off. It causes me to
sing screech notes spontaneously or dance like no one’s watching.
My life has a never-ending soundtrack. I have associated a song with different experiences in my life. Today I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite songs that I think about when traveling to different destinations. Here is a quick playlist from my life in stereo.
- New York City: ~Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys
- London: American Boy by Estelle
- Mexico: A Long Walk by Jill Scott
- Virginia: All I Have to Give by Mali Music
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma Broadway Musical by Gordon McRae
- California: California Love by 2Pac
- Florida: Golden by Jill Scott
- Las Vegas: Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley
- Austin: Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
- Dallas: Bright Lights Bigger City by CeeLo Green
From this list you can tell that tropical locations that are relaxing seem to inspire the mellow music whereas city destinations remind me of high energy songs or broadway plays.
And the beat goes on. So tell me what’s playing on your life’s jukebox? What’s your favorite song at the moment. Let’s chat about it.